Bike started out as a good running clean, clear title and registered bike that I paid the most for any donor bike ever! $1300, most of the time I'm starting with rusty hunks of junk that I have paid no more than $500 for. It doesn't really matter because I redo the COMPLETE bike and every nut and bolt everywhere! But starting with a nice clean bike, the finished product is always just a little bit nicer.
I had some stuff sitting around and needed to find it way onto a bike. These Firestone tires have been sitting here because a customer changed his mind after I ordered them for him. So they went on the bike, but in no way shape or form do I support or like these tires(sorry Firestone). I built this bike as a old school looking show bike, not a corner carving machine. So I feel the tires are ok for that job and they look ok. Plus painting the tire brands lettering is so damn popular right now, I wanted to be cool too!
The frame, wheel’s and all the parts were powder coated black and the motor was rebuilt and blacked out.
My good friend has been bugging me for a while to paint one of my bikes. So Tom Mcweeney from Kustoms Inc. did all the paintwork with all House of Kolor paint. He started with a Orion Silver base and did candy apple red over with lines graphics and lace work and finished it off with some silver leafing and hand pinstriping. He even striped the part under the seat where the upholstery would have covered it up. So not wanting to hide any of his artwork, I decided to expose the center of the seat. Victor did the upholstery in a black leather with pleats. I did all the bodywork myself and decided to not do knee dents and keep the tank straight and smooth as glass to show off all the artwork. I used one of our Lossa cafe seat pans too.
The motor received a big bore kit and is now a 608cc, cases were split, all new gaskets, seals, Barnett clutch and a valve job with port and polishing, all new valves were used with new springs and titanium tops. Bike also has a Mega-cycle cam and huge Keihin CR racing carburetors so we can burn off those Firestone tire’s I love. One of our Yoshi style replica 4 into 1 exhaust were used with one of our Lossa reverse cone mufflers and the whole set up was ceramic coated. A FB-Stuff points cover was installed over the Dyna electronic ignition. Then it was filled with only the best Motul oil.
All the tabs were removed, frame hooped, battery relocated under the cowl, bike was wired with a modern regulator/ rectifier, dry cell battery, electronic ignition, Dyna mini coils and NGK wires. I also added a Acewell digital gauge our new mini key set up and starter button. It also has a H4 headlight and our own brand Lossa LED tail light. A chrome set of our Lossa brand clubman bars were used, Biltwell grips, Tarrozzi fork brace and rearsets. Joker tappet cover, stem nut, axle adjusters and brake stay were used to dress up the boring stock pieces. The brake caliper was polished to perfection and I had the stock rotor CNC drilled. Every nut and bolt were re-plated with chrome or zinc plating. I finished off the build with some reservoir shocks, gold O ring chain and Magura master cylinder.
Photos by: Buckhorn Studios