Attention: If you know where this bike is, please let me know or tell the owner I am very interested in buying it back. Thanks!
This bike started out as a $250 Craigslist bike that the owner said it was a running bike a bit ago. After I dragged it home and could not get it to fire, I tore the motor down to discover the piston was cracked and destroyed. So I completely rebuilt the whole motor, bored it with a new piston, valve job, clutch, new bearings and all the seals. All the wheel bearings, brakes and cables were all toast too. Plus it was missing about 3 spokes in the rear. After attending to all those problems, the bike was about 90% disassembled, so I decided to de tab the frame, install a Ballistic dry cell battery, then I used a DA sander and sanded the whole frame then clear coated it. The red stock frame color left behind was everywhere the sander couldn't reach. I re-upholstered the seat and painted a Titanosaurus on the gas tank (Godzilla's enemy). After I was done the bike was shipped to Japan and I raced it there with the Hell on Wheels guys on a MX track and rocked it for some hot laps around the streets of Japan. Once it was back in the US it got raced one more time at a Hell on Wheels event. Then the next Hell on Wheels event was a flat track event, so I was thinking on what to bring when I went into my storage and found a flat track seat sitting there and a Yamaha aluminum XT500 gas tank I started to modify for a XL600. So I took the tank from that project and fitted it to my bike and mounted the tail to see how the MXer would look as a flat tracker. So I said screw it, I'm converting it, but in a way so I can put it back to a MX bike because I like riding it on the track that way too. Next the bike needed the right wheels set up so I ordered up a set of 19" Excel flanged hoops and new stainless spokes and laced the to the stock drum hubs. This bike was still going to be registered and ridden on the street so I needed to keep a front brake. Once the huge 19" Maxxis dirt track tires showed up I realized the front one would not fit between the stock forks which I had lowered as much as I can trying to get the stance right. Back into storage again with a tape measure searching for a front end I can swap on that will clear the front tire. I found this GSXR 1000 complete front end and triples and test fit it. The stance was now right on and it had plenty of clearance for the meaty tire. I had to weld a brake stop to the lower fork leg and then I slid some gators over to protect the forks from flying dirt and rocks. I drilled the top triple to accept some Renthal risers and installed some Renthal 1 1/8" fatbars and Magura controls. The bodywork was finished and then I painted it all to look like a old used bike to match the distress frame I painted. Installed some racers closed cell foam for the seat and modified the stock muffler finished of the build. I raced this for the first time at Perris flat track event with the Hell on Wheels guys, the bike had way more than I could give it on the track even with the custom flat track hot shoe I made. After the race I installed the LED headlight and some Joker Machine rear lights for brake lights and installed the license plate. I have put it on the track one other time and just dug the way the bike came out and decided leave it just like this and not turn it back into a MX bike.