Motogadget mo.lock NFC
mo.lock NFC - the digital touch-less ignition lock
The mo.lock NFC is a contact free digital ignition lock and substitutes mechanical ignition locks or their electrical switching feature respectively.
The associated digital key/transponder unlocks when the mo-lock NFC is approached (switching distance approx. 40 mm (1.5")) and the ignition is switched on or off - completely contact free.
The mo.lock NFC is based on the latest NFC technology (Near Field Communication) and therefore, unlike e.g. radio remote controls, extremely tamper-proof.
Each key/transponder has a unique digital code. Only the right digital code unlocks the mo.lock. Key and mo.lock are absolutely free of mechanical wear.
The mo.lock switches an automotive relay with a possible load of up to 40 A - sufficient power for every on-board system.
The hidden mounting of the small mo.lock, covered by non-metallic parts like e.g. a plastic side panel, permits completely removing the mechanic ignition lock. A clean look and various design possibilities are guaranteed - especially for custom bikes!
The two keys have the size of a key-chain and can be used for switching and learning new keys. A maximum of 125 keys can be learned to each mo.lock NFC. Additional keys can be purchased from us.
The mo-lock NFC has a LED on the front which indicates different status by color. To protect the battery the standby current in switched-off mode is only 3,2 mA, reduces to 1,5 mA after 16hrs und after 8 days to 0,75 mA.
Note: We do not recommend using the mo.lock combined with immobilizers! Please contact your dealer/manufacturer for information about the possible deactivation of the immobilizer.
Dimensions and specifications
Transmitter/receiver, diameter of installed assembly: 30 mm
Height: 12 mm without terminals and bracket
Weight incl. cable: approx. 35 g
Fixture: 1 x M3 threaded hole on back side
Operating voltage: 8V - 18V
Operating temperature: -20 °C... +80 °C (-4F - 176F)
In the box
1 automotive relay 12V/40A
Detailed installation and operating instructions
- NFC technology is tamper-resistant
- Each key has a unique code
- The key first activates the mo.lock NFC without touching it and then, via the relay, the entire on-board system
- Neither key nor mo.lock suffer from mechanical wear
- The key requires no battery - fail-safe
- No overload or scorched pins possible due to indirect switching via the 40 A main relay
- The mo.lock NFC is very compact an can be mounted hidden in many places
- Water tight and vibration resistant because of the molded-in construction
- Keys can be easily purchased and 'learned' to any mo.lock NFC - your integrated locksmith
- A switching distance of 2 - 4 cm (3/4" - 1 1/2") ensures convenient switching while excluding the possibility of accidental engagement
- An integrated RGB-LED shows the status of the mo.lock NFC while switching, connecting and 'teaching' new keys