2011 Triumph Thruxton Custom Cafe Racer
- Salvaged California title in current owners name *
- Currently registered till June 2021 and insured
- only 3,800 original miles
- No mechanical issues or damage to bike
- fresh service, ready to rock
- Tires have 90% life left (see last 5 pictures)
- Passenger pegs are on the bike now, not block off plates
* I do not own this bike, I am trying to help the current owner sell it.
I bought this bike in March of 2013 from Mike at Safari Cycle Salvage here in Long Beach. Looks like it had a mild low slide crash into the dirt (see all detailed pics of damage when I bought it). Forks were not bent and there was no frame damage or wheel damage. I had another brand new Thruxton in the shop that was getting a full custom make over and we were only using the stock gas tank from the bodywork, plus we were cutting it up. I didn't want to ruin the special stock bodywork or separate it so, I made a deal with the owner to buy his stock complete body work (white with red stripes). Then I cut up the red stock tank that came off this bike for his project. All the parts that were damaged on this bike were replaced with the stock brand new parts off my customers bike, since they were not going to be used on his build. I made another deal with him and used the headlight ears, headlight, gauge bracket,bars, clutch lever and base, left rearset and shifter peg. I bought a brand new speedo and a black clutch cover from Triumph, threw on some British Customs Predator pipes and wrapped the exhaust and started to rock it everyday. I was going to keep it as my daily rider, however, I can never leave a stock bike alone!
I hit up all the best brands in the business, Avon Tyres, Progressive Suspension, British Customs, Beringer Brakes, Joker Machine and Speed Merchant. Had it custom painted by Paint by Bondo, Ginger from New Church Moto re-upholstered the seat with red leather. Un-laced the wheels and had the hoops anodized black and hubs powder coated. Bought all new black engine covers. Installed a set of our chrome 1" clubman bars, gold chain with new sprockets and a steering dampener to top it off. Then it went everywhere and got photographed by the best and used in ads for magazines, posters, catalog cover and a calendar. I attended and showed the bike everywhere that year.
In December of 2014 I sold this bike to a customer, he has put on almost 2,000 of the miles. The bike has sat the last two years and was not ridden. I did a fresh oil filter and oil change, cleaned and oiled pod filters, cleaned, adjusted and lubed chain, synced throttle bodies and put in a new battery. Owner dropped the cowl so Mike Clarey re-painted the whole cowl and I re-dyed and conditioned the seat.
- Bike was invited to Sema November 2014, featured inside at Meguiars booth
- Was also featured in Meguiars 2015 Calendar
- Showed bike at The One Moto Show in Portland OR, February 2014
- Was featured on the cover of Avon Tyres catalog and used in several motorcycle magazines advertisements for their company
- Bike was featured in an episode of Behind the Wheel about me and my custom building history and shops history.
List of parts:
- Progressive Suspension 970 reservoir shocks and front fork spring kit
- British Customs Predator mufflers, license plate eliminator kit, air box removal kit, smog removal kit, lay down gauge bracket, seat and cowl and side cover bolts, fork brace, oil pressure gauge kit, chain guard, clutch arm finisher kit
- Joker Machine sprocket cover, carb tops, choke knob, gas cap, front brake reservoir cap, Handlebar riser kit, shock bolt kit, clutch cable holder, stem nut
- Speed Merchant stator cover
- LSL frame slider kit
- Lossa chrome 1" clubman bars
- Braking front and rear wave rotors
- Beringer front 4 piston caliper
- CRG Racing brake and clutch levers
- Norman Hyde mount with Shindy Daytona steering stabilizer
- RK Chain Gold “O” ring chain with Vortex sprockets
- Avon Roadrider tires, 110/18” front and 150/17” rear
- Biltwell grips (pics show old grips)
- Custom HID black out headlight
- Triumph black clutch cover and rocker cover
- Wheels de-laced, hoops anodized black, hubs powder coated and then re-laced with the stock spokes.
- Seat reupholstered with red leather by New Church Moto.
- Custom metallic grey paint with silver leafing and red pinstripes, all House of Kolor paint, flyscreen cut down.
- Wrapped headers.
- relocated stock mirror.
Asking $10,000 obo
Please e-mail us here to get more info or to schedule a viewing of this bike.
When I first bought it:
After repairing damage:
When I finished it:
At The One Moto Show, Portland OR
At Sema Show in Meguiars Booth
Avon Tire ad
Avon Tire poster and cover of catalog